linaro-release team mailing list archive

Reorganizing our Downloads

As I was saying, I think our current downloads page organization suffers
from trying to follow too strictly our internal organization. So here
are my suggestions for a reorganized set of components for the Downloads
page:

LEBs
    linaro-image-tools (yes, I know this is crazy, but maybe it makes sense)
    The LEBs

Kernel and Bootloader
    linux-linaro
    linux-linaro-android (where is that, btw?)
    u-boot-linaro
    Landing Team kernels
    Landing Team android kernels

Toolchain and Optimized Libraries
    gcc-linaro
    gdb-linaro
    android-toolchain
    cortex-strings
    libjpeg-turbo
    libpng

Developer Tools
    qemu-linaro
    smartt
    powerdebug
    powertop

Benchmarks and Testing
    glcompbench
    glmark2
    pm-qa

LAVA: Linaro Automated Validation Architecture
    lava-android-test
    lava-dashboard
    lava-dashboard-tool
    lava-dispatcher
    lava-scheduler
    lava-scheduler-tool
    lava-server
    lava-test
    lava-tool

Unity for OpenGLES
    compiz
    compiz-plugins
    nux
    unity

Yes, the last two are very specific; I still think they are the better
way of grouping them.

This leaves the following which I am sure you can find a better place
than I for -- maybe they don't need to be here, or maybe there should be
in Developer Tools.

    glew
    alsa-ucm-conf
    linaro-python-dashboard-bundle
    linaro-django-xmlrpc
    svammel

How does that sound?

PS: I also miss a one-line description of each of these; I'm not sure
how to fit that into the layout, but maybe someone else has a good idea.
--
Christian Robottom Reis   | [+55 16] 3376 0125 | http://launchpad.net/~kiko
Canonical Ltd.            | [+55 16] 9112 6430 | http://async.com.br/~kiko