linuxmint-community-repository-project team mailing list archive

Let's get started

Welcome to the project everyone.
Before we start, I posted some tutorials and made a wiki section for this
project. One of the tutorials will show you how to upload packages to the
community repository, while the two others explain how to package things
up:

http://linuxmint.com/wiki/index.php/Linux_Mint_Community_Repository_Project

You'll need to get the password for the Community Repository. I don't want
that password to be stored anywhere online, so please send me an email to
root@xxxxxxxxxxxxx and I'll send it to you.

At the moment you can only upload .changes files to the repository, it
doesn't take simple .deb files. This will be a problem when you try to
upload a binary package (opera for instance), or when you want to upload the
64bit debs of your previously compiled i386 package... (the tutorial
mentions "apt build -a" but that actually doesn't work).

Anyway, we'll tackle all this in time. Happy reading everyone.

Enjoy the tutorials, get the password and don't hesitate to email here on
this list about ideas/problems you may have.

Also, I started to make a list of applications we'd like to maintain. Feel
free to contribute ideas and to give applications names here.

Clem.