linuxpadawan team mailing list archive

What do you want Linuxpadawan become ? [Brainstorming]

Hi,

Firstly, sorry if I'm making mistake, or if words I choose are not perfect.
English isn't my native language.

I'm a padawan since a long time, and I need to admit I wasn't really active
since today. But recently, I've seen new activities thanks to the
mailing-list. I believe strongly on this project. I'm relatively new to the
free software world, and the first thing I liked was the community spirit,
and being helped by a lot of people. I also believe that we can build a
place where people can help each other, and share useful resources about a
lot of things (computer, programming, servers). Even if I'm thinking it
would be difficult in english, I'm enjoying teach to other person.

I enjoyed Linuxpadawan because with this community we can have a mentor,
and learn thanks to him. I like this idea, and I like, after learned a lot
of things from a mentor, being able to share again the knowledge.

Recently, in #linuxpadawan-offtopic, I've asked what is the vision of
Linuxpadawan in the future. I think, if we want to see Linuxpadawan growing
(and it need to in order to find more mentors, more padawans, and more
resources), we need to have a vision, and a plan for the future. But, maybe
I wrong.

Myself, I don't really have a clear vision of what Linuxpadawan should be,
and how to improve it. But I would like to start a discussion with all of
us, and talk about that. How do you see Linuxpadawan in the future, and
what do you think it could be improved ?

I have some ideas I would like to share with you :

   - Create a "suggestion" page in the wiki where people can write new
   suggestions for the LP community
   - Propose different projects to realize with a mentor
   - If some people are engaged in some projects (development, QA,
   documentation, translation), it would be nice to put that on a list
   - A place where padawans could write what they would like to do (develop
   a plug-in for some software, for example)

The last bullet point is important for me. Often, we can see padawans
asking for "I would like to learn language X", but we avoid to talk about
the aim. So, maybe it would be better to say "I would like to develop a
script in order to do that", or "I would like to being able to contribute
in this software".

Tell me what you're thinking about my suggestions ;)

See you,
Florian