linuxpadawan team mailing list archive

Re: Self/Master Grading

On 12/05/2016 04:41 PM, Svetlana Belkin wrote:
> All,
>
> Since Linux Padawan is a mentoring/learning system, I think we need a
> way to grade ourselves on how well we know the skill that we have. The
> first question is it (the system) really needed? And the second is how
> should be it done.  As in, use the A - F system, 1 - 5 system, or
> another one?
>
> Thank you in advance for you input on this.

Hi,

If there was some sort of independent system to produce the grade,
rather than "I think I'm A++ because I wanna seem super awesome" I think
it would be beneficial to both the learners as well as the teachers to
challenge themselves to learn more about the skills/languages/etc..

It might be possible to reach out to The Linux Foundation for some
materials to do this for Linux system/network aspects, and perhaps even
Bash/shell scripting.

Or we could internally evaluate each others' code if a few of us share
common programming languages, code does not lie (though it can be
unclear, which could be an indication in of itself).

Evaluation of general GNU/Linux (server/admin) skills will be harder
without some sort of standard test, or exercise to give a concrete result.

--
Regards