lp-l10n-zh-cn team mailing list archive

Fwd: [Launchpad-translators] Chromium translations in launchpad and errors

Chromium 翻译常见错误

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Fabien Tassin <fta@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 00:09
Subject: Re: [Launchpad-translators] Chromium translations in
launchpad and errors
To: launchpad-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ubuntu-translators@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

based on the most common mistakes i've noticed so far, i'd like to
clarify something.

In the error page, i show both <ph> variables (as upstream needs them),
and %{} variables (as i decided to expose them in gettext, it's supposed
to be more readable).

ex:
      Grit                  GetText
 "<ph name="DOMAIN"/>" <=> "%{DOMAIN}"

It's important to respect:

- the variable names (don't change the case, or name or anything inside
the braces). The syntax is %{NAME}, in that order, no space between '%'
and '{'

- all the variables from the untranslated string *must* be in the
translated string (you can change their order if it's better in your
lang, but you must have the same number and names of variables overall)

(It's too bad it's not possible to auto-check that in LP. Maybe i should
file a feature request in rosetta)

in case you didn't notice, you can already see your work in the
packages. In the the daily PPA, it's almost an instant reward.
Besides the PPAs, I just posted a new Chromium update with as many
strings as possible (except the inspector-* template, which still needs
some work upstream). It's already in Natty, and will land in Maverick
and Lucid shortly.

/Fabien