lubuntu-brainstorming team mailing list archive

[Blueprint sound-mixer] Include a graphical sound mixer by default

Blueprint changed by Theredbaron:

Whiteboard changed:
  Option #1: amixer; needed to open a terminal, not suitable for a newbie / lazzy
  Option #2: pavucontrol (depending on libpulse libraries); can put one-click handy icon on panel
  I support pavucontrol, and I think it needs the whole pulse-audio kit, but if that is not an option, you need to find something else /nio

  Pavucontrol does require the pulse-audio kit, but I believe it is quite worth it (unless there is a performance hit I don't know of). A mucher better volume manager then any others.
  --Baron

  [amjjawad] +1
  and, this must be fixed: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/832939/volumecontrol.ogv

  [Srikanth - India]
  In simple words, every user would like to see easy to use VOlume controller as in Windows(or ubuntu)...with Sliders....To be honest, alsa mixer is not so user friendly :(...

  [vanyok] I support this initiative. Current sound mixer is too simple
  and lacks of functionality, and alsa mixer is too difficult for newbies
  to use.
+
+ [Baron]@Amjjawad, for the default volume applet, you have to have
+ pavucontrol install for it to work (as far as I know). As for indicator-
+ volume, I don't think that is fixable really. It direcly calls gnome-
+ volume-manager. The only thing that could be done is ln -s pavucontrol
+ gnome-volume-manager, ect.

--
Include a graphical sound mixer by default
https://blueprints.launchpad.net/lubuntu-brainstorming/+spec/sound-mixer