Re: Lubuntu like Xubuntu

As for OpenOffice or Abiword/Gnumeric, I would say go for both. There
is nothing that can match OpenOffice when it comes to Microsoft Office
compatibility I think but since it is big, it is best to also include
lightweight alternatives as Abiword/Gnumeric.

As for web browser, the only browser I've found that can match Firefox
when it comes to displaying all kinds of web pages (including working
with the so called "bankid" security program Nexus, which is necessary
for accessing many online services here in Sweden like online banking,
tax-return forms, pharmacy perscriptions etc) is Epiphany, which is
slightly lighter than Firefox, but with much less features.

For photos/pictures, I think they should by default be associated with
a simple viewer application such as GPicView since it is much more
common to just want to view a picture when opening it than wanting to
edit it.

/Christian Johansson