Lubuntu Project Q's

Alright, not that I want to start any E-fights, but I do believe these are serious questions that need to be answered

in any project, there needs to be a driving reason behind it other then "because", also, there needs to be a reason for people to try it, and switch, or else this project will eventually fail.

in light of this, here are my questions

1- what will Lubuntu offer that any other version of *buntu does not offer?
2- what kind of performance increase shall we see with Lubuntu?
3- what is our geographic and demographic target?
4- is Lxde ready for its own *Buntu variant?
5- how will Lubuntu compared to Xubuntu in terms of GB install, Ram usage, performance and functionality?
6- what is the projected usage curve for this project?

these are hard questions to answer, however they do need to be addressed. I own a computer repair and sale company in Canada, and I and currently in university studying accounting and marketing. regardless of how we feel about it, we are competing for market share with countless Linux's including which many variants, official or not of Ubuntu. Is this system competing against all distro's? Xubuntu only? Ubuntu and Xubuntu? #!? or is it a system that will be aimed for the Windows/mac user to switch.

Jon York

Follow ups