Re: [Blueprint mobile-karmic-lxde-ubuntu-desktop] Build a very lightweight desktop for ubuntu based on lxde

2009/8/13 David Sugar <david.sugar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Blueprint changed by David Sugar:
>
> Whiteboard changed to:
>
> Work items:
> Application selection with community input: DONE

Where "community input" means "ignore any comments and do not engage
in any discussion with the community."

>  Build a very lightweight desktop for ubuntu based on lxde
>  https://blueprints.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+spec/mobile-karmic-lxde-ubuntu-desktop

Where "very lightweight" means "no lighter than Xubuntu and still
requiring a PC recent enough to run Windows XP".

Interesting insight into community development, this. Apparently,
/community-driven/ means "we will do whatever we felt like doing in
the first place and ignore comments, complaints, suggestions or any
other input from the mailing lists".

So, really, not massively different from, say, Microsoft or anything, then.

What a disappointment.

Email: lproven@xxxxxxxxx • GMail/GoogleTalk/Orkut: lproven@xxxxxxxxx
MSN: lproven@xxxxxxxxxxx • ICQ: 73187508