Re: Ubuntu submit sessions for Lubuntu

On Sun, 15 Nov 2009 21:20:03 -0500
Mario Behling <mb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> thanks a lot for the info. I am organizing the GNOME.Asia Summit in
> Vietnam at the moment with core participation of LXDE. So, I am afraid
> I do not have time to participate remotely.
Yes, the 2 events was too close for a good participation of Ubuntu and LXDE people. We will try to focus on the Ubuntu part of this, and continue discussion by emails/wiki/IRC etc ... :)

> Even though remote participation is generally difficult, I still hope
> we can push our goals with the help of Paul Liu and Arne Goetje, who I
> talked to in Taiwan a few days ago. I would like to see a get together
> of Lighweight Ubuntu developers and LXDE developers. Since most of
> them are in Asia, it would be best to meet up here. March or April
> 2010 would be a good time. I hope we can get the support of Canonical
> for such an event.
As I'm not part of Canonical, I can't assure their support for this. Maybe David will have more information about this.

> As, I see only very few
> developers of Canonical in Asia. For example here in Vietnam there are
> a lot of people interested to become l/Ubuntu developers. To make this
> a success we need face to face developer gatherings and workshops.
There will be tasks for everyone, we will try to organize all that this week, so participation for new contributors will be easier.