Re: Tested on MSI Wind U100

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, let me try to answer some of your
questions/ideas :

> * Filemanager Pcman  0.5.1 on the left windows are drives displayed
> twice. if you click one of the with the same name you will get an
> error-message "Directory doesnt exist"
Pcmanfm will be rewrite for the next release, it will be interesting to
test this on the next release, as version 0.5.X is not developed
anymore

> * Wicd it a very nice looking piece but to bad, to while connection the
> the wirelles network (WEP) ofcourse it was validated but I got an error
> message "Connection failed:Unable get IP Adress" that was during the
> status "Obtaining IP address.
It's more a bug on wicd than on Lubuntu itself. You should report a bug
on the package.

> * I have no sound I realize I have no mixer something like that so I
> dont know if its muting or not.
Lubuntu will have a volume applet by default, to be able to change your
sound more easily. I don't think we need a real mixer (with all channels
configuration), most of people just want to manage the main channel.

> * FN keys..... FN+F4 and FN+F5 is working very well,its for dimming the
> back-light and  FN+F12 sleep mode is working but after wakeup its
> starting to sleep again and again after wakeup
> *My bluetooth is witched on with FN+F11 but no blue-tooth detected
> (sorry I forgot to listed with lsusb before installing ubuntu remix again)

Do you test this with Ubuntu, or another variant ? It could be a problem
in general in Ubuntu, not only Lubuntu.

> My Questions,request,Ideas,what I hope very soon or whatever it is.
>
> 1. The Lubuntu in alpha stage on iso,when. Ofcourse everybody is busy.
Next week for an alpha 1, if I manage to build one correctly :)

> 2. Lubuntu on flash disk image because there is alot of netbooks without
> CD or DVD.
If you have an iso, you can create an img for flash disk. I'll do it if
I'm not too lazy :)

> 3. Sometimes I got netbook that has an SDcard as HDA is it compatible
> with it ?
Sure, but as David said, maybe not optimized yet.

> 4. I think Lubuntu will be great for creating server from old PC's with
> GUI interface instead having console at from your nose and doing that Vi
> thing.Maybe is there somebody can make a server edition. While
> installing you can choose what of kind of server do you want to install.
Well, I personally think that server with GUI is a bad idea, but it's
just personal opinion :)

> 5. And nice front-end for backup that can make image of the drives.
> 6. Do you guys think that thunderbird and firefox take of computer
> sources especially nower days there is allot of websites based on flash
> like  farmville it make even windows xp slow.
Firefox is still on Lubuntu, but maybe not for too long :)

> 7. What is the other syntax like dmesg and lsusb that I can use to get
> info out of my toys and to send to you guys.
lspci or a graphical tool like hardinfo

> 8. Last thing that I want to say is.. I am sorry for starting asking
> allot of questions even the alpha  is not out yet...
It's very good to have feedback from user :)