Re: Default Browser

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 12:40:35 -0000, David Robert Lewis (ethnopunk) <ethnopunk@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

`

Steve wrote:
On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 10:27:58 -0000, 神癒礁湖 <rafaellaguna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

LOL. Discussion about browser is out of the box! :-)

OK, fully agree with Julián Alarcón and Jonay Santana. I'm only a
designer (and was a coder, but not now). Mother's impressions are good
as they are perfect beta testers.

Midori and Arora are the best browser for this release / distro. Arora
was even capable to load complex certificates accesing the tricky
goverment pages (educational ministry, for example) and not Midori. So,
equation gets simple.

We have to keep an eye on speed, easyness and also features, and Midori
lack a bit of functions that are already implemented on Arora.

If anybody wants a geek distro try compiling a minial Gentoo with that
rare fork of KDE. Lubuntu must be installable on any machine with ANY
user.

Not tried Arora, another one to look at.
As the browser is probably the most important piece of software, from a users perspective, this has to be got right. The problem for me is, I like my 'bells & whistles" on my browser and find it hard to use some of the simpler ones. I’m quite the opposite with media players, I dislike all this play list silliness and other complications.

Chromium is great. However, I still think the distro should be called Lewbuntu. :)

I thought LoUbuntu :)

--
Steve