lubuntu-base

Hi everybody,

I would like to ask for your help. I'm a ubuntu user for some time but not
very experienced in customization and scripting. My answer would be: how to
remove all apps from a default lubuntu-desktop installation (let's say from
alpha2) and leave the core components intact? I know this is not in the
scope of lubuntu, I'm just curious how can be this done (I consider it an
excercise for myself to learn, play with the repo and add/remove apps ... ).
Can it be done in several different ways? Probably... :)

I was thinking to remove all apps like graphics editor, browser, office
stuff, media players, chat clients, email client ... and just leave a
Ubuntu+LXDE+infrastructure. In infrastructure I mean Leafpad, ePdfView,
GPicView, Xfburn, Xarchiver, Wicd transmission, printing & BT support,
Galculator, Synaptic. My goal is to get a "lubuntu-base" system, so that
later any preferred app can be added with synaptic.

My solution is the following. Please be "cruel" and tell me if something is
wrong or can be done better or easier. Any suggestion/comment you might have
helps me learn more about customization and linux in general. Thanks guys.

0. sudo su -
1. apt-get update
2. apt-get autoremove --purge -y -m firefox mtpaint aqualung cheese smplayer
sylpheed abiword gnumeric pidgin xchat memtest86+
3. apt-get install -y -m lxde
4. apt-get install -f -y
5. apt-get dist-upgrade -y
6. apt-get autoremove --purge -y
7. apt-get clean

Q1: Am I removing pieces (components) that are needed? How can find out (or
how can I be sure) I'm not removing some useful packages?
Q2: is step 3 needed? will this install any missing dependencies I might
have deleted at step 2?

Thank again for reading.
Zoltan

Follow ups