Re: Browsers comparison on slow machine

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 07:40:48 -0000, Mikhail Maksimov <mcwillin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Steve,

I simply cannot deduce the difference.

Fully updated my installation at about 7 AM GMT 2010-02-11. Used only
the default repos set by installer. Yet again freshly booted system
running just taskmanager and Midori reports 108 Mb RAM used.

Midori's help->about reports: "Midori 0.2.2, GTK+ 2.19.1, WebKitGTK+ 1.1.17"

Why is it eating 30 Mb of RAM more than on your system?

BTW, the 75 Mb usage with three pages seem unbelievably low. I'm going
to retry the tests having only 128 Mb RAM left in the system.

Regards,
Mikhail

Nor can I.
I haven’t had chance to do anything today and the HHD is now playing up on that machine. I’m going to do a reinstall tomorrow on a new HDD and try again see what I get.

--
Steve