Re: Lubuntu Lucid Alpha 3 "Shiny"

Hi,

here are some bugs I noticed(from the LiveCD so far):

- Boot Screen of the LiveCD is not fully localized (the first two entries Try
Lubuntu and Install Lubuntu) (misses on the Bug Repot Testing Page)
- Borderless windows (like the small mixer window that appears after clicking
the soundpanel applet) have borders (that allows them to even close the
soundpanel applet and it won't open up again)
- clicking on the trash icon in pcmanfm2 gives an error message ("operation
not supported") (moved files won't show up)
- pcmanfm2 after open folder as root : it opens up but is missing the warning
that you are working with root rights now
- applications:/// is not working (I know it is still work in progress)
- Are the PATHs alright ? Trying to run arp -a as user gives me an error that
it is in /usr/sbin and /usr/sbin is not in path. (It wasn't there before in
ubuntu. Did they change/fixed there security policy ?)
- pcmanfm2 misses translation (I know is still coming but I don't want to not
mention it so that we don't forget about this)
- same for gnumeric
- pcmanfm2 desktop creating new document or folder does not work
- pcmanfm2 still misses to lighten up font color and icon if you choose to cut
out a file (only a optical glitch)
-pcmanfm2 sorting files and folders(particullary ascending and descending)
does not work in every view or sometimes simply does nothing (seems not
reproducable but happens unoccasionaly)
- pcmanfm2: A problem I have with detailed list view is that I cannot access
easily the properties of the current open folder. If you have a folder with
lots of files you are not able to rightclick on a free space. The only
solution press go up and right click the folder you where in to get to the
properties. Possible solution: Create a folder icon in front of the adressbar
and make it useable like a normal icon folder (drag n drop, right click etc.)

These are the bugs I noticed so far in a quick 15 minute test.

One big feature request for pcmanfm2 (future releases not crucial to this
lubuntu release):
Add a right click submenu that opens up the folder content when hovering. This
is a very nice feature that was originally integrated in BeOS and would make
working on desktop and in folders amazingly fast.
Here a screenshot:
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1086/675582246_2a1dd83e92.jpg

Regards,
Leszek Lesner