Re: colour scheme

About the palette I had "formal instructions" from Canonical, due to
patent issues. It seems that Lubuntu name was registered by "the
Company" and, in prevission of these kind of things (even when Kubuntu
wasn't released), they published a hard graphical guide about "possible
derivatives". They didn't know that Ubuntu "exploded", a few months
after with customized distros.

But if we want to keep in the family, and not being an "orphan" distro,
we have to keep their recommendations. But the additional artwork items
are another things. You can put a green wallpaper, or purple, or even
black, while keeping design lines and respect to the original artwork
(Lubuntu is a derivative from Ubuntu, and its artwork is a derivative
too).

And sorry, yes, we're in Artwork Freeze as well as Feature Freeze
status. The popularity about a theme was made through the mailing lists,
extracted from the Lubuntu Artwork Wiki pages. If anyone doesn't trust
me or Julien Lavergne (and others) about the decission, I can make a
list with names and their votes, received in my inbox. Anyway, the poll
is (now, at the end):

Dark blue / Light blue: 15 votes

Light blue / Lime green: 9 votes