Re: samba

Thanks,

I've only ever had MacOSX and Win connected via Samba, and I'm using a set
of instructions for pyneighborhood that are for a an earlier release.

As pcmanfm uses gvfs for the smb part, and there appears to be an elephant
in the room re: the core 10.04 and samba I'd hate to start pointing fingers.
I don't have enough knowledge of samba to state yes / no as to if the bug
others are seeing on 'main' 10.04 carries over to lubuntu, but I figure it
would.

I also cannot state if pyneighborhood uses the gvfs interface, but it would
make sense if it did.

Hopefully one of the lubuntu devs could tell us if the reported gremlin in
the 10.04 area would affect lubuntu.

My own thought is to hold back until they have it fixed in 10.04 main, but I
am completely open to being corrected and being informed that the samba
issue with gvfsd-smb-browse does NOT have any effect on lubuntu.

Assuming we wait until it is fixed for ubuntu 10.04, I'll then set up a
share with that, so I know it all works - Then I'll try with Lubuntu.

I'm open to any comments / suggestions, though :-)