Re: 3G usb modem does not work

Hi,

It appears that 10.04 beta seems to have broken usb modems, along with 9.10

>> Must tell you re usb modem - can't get it work in 9.10 or 10.04 (yet) -
so I'm stuck on 9.04 on my laptop
>> It works fine in 9.04 and I have it going on puppy linux, but the later
kernels seem to have some conflict
>> It's not a provider issue, there's been some change to the kernel that is
causing the issue as far as I can tell
>> I read something about it somewhere - basically it gets recognised as a
storage device, rather than a 3g modem, although lsub lists it as modem
>> I tried a few 'hacks' I found, but none worked - there was a script
someone wrote that looked promising, but I am a bit sceptical of third party
scripts

I have 9.10 on my laptop & the usb modem worked fine, so something has been
broken.

I'll have a go at re-trying various versions of 10.04 and 9.10 and see if I
can find a pattern. I have asked on the dev channel and installed
usb-modeswitcher, to no avail. I have also posted a thread on the dev area
of the forum to ask others if they are also having problems.

As soon as I get some more information (hopefully a solution) I will up date
you.