Re: New idea list for LXDE Google Summer of code 2010

On Wed, 31 Mar 2010 05:44:48 +0100, PCMan <pcman.tw@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,
Since most of the previously proposed items are not suitable for
Google SoC because they are not challenging enough, I rewrite the
whole page and to list some real projects which can be done for the
whole summer. Some of previously proposed items are too easy and some
can even be done within one week. Then students will get nothing to do
later. Google summer of code need something of larger scale and they
should be projects which spend your whole summer. So here is the new
idea list. For students who want to join LXDE GSoC, please read the
page and send your application now. If what you want to do is not on
the page, mail your idea to our mailing list and we'll review your
idea immediately.

This is the new list:  http://wiki.lxde.org/en/Google_Summer_of_Code_2010

Happy coding!

One thing I’d like to see is a good GUI for lxrandr. I don’t know how hard/easy this would be. Old CRT monitors are often incorrectly identified by Xorg so it would be nice to easily adjust the resolution. Decent gamma correction, along the lines of xxgamma, is also often needed with old CRTs. Obviously any other functions lxrandr provides should be available via GUI.

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://www.lubuntu.net