Re: Fwd: adding the ppa & updating

On Mon, 05 Apr 2010 23:14:17 +0100, Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Apr 5, 2010 at 11:13 PM
Subject: Re: [Lubuntu-desktop] adding the ppa & updating
To: Steve <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I've updated the thread to include about launching terminal, I can add how to add the ppa via Synapatic, but it seems a few more steps just to achieve
that.

Preferences --> Software Sources, enter password then
Click on 'Other Software', click on the 'add' button enter
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/lubuntu-desktop/ubuntu lucid main
then I think I need to adjust the settings tab ?

At this point I'm struggling. I'm sure that there is a more elegant way.

Preferences > Synaptic Package Manager > Settings > Repositories
Other Software > Add
type ppa:lubuntu-desktop/ppa in the box
click Add Source
click Reload
click Mark All Upgrades
click Apply

’tis a bit long winded isn’t it, maybe we should get Leszek to do one of his screencasts

--
Steve (Yorvyk)
http://www.lubuntu.net