Re: Modifying files in Lubuntu

On Wed, 21 Apr 2010 11:02:47 -0300
Glen Bizeau <gbizeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> or the graphical way
>
> alt-f2
>
> gksudo leafpad

> On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Glen Bizeau <gbizeau@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Open lxterminal
> >
> > sudo vi /boot/grub/grub.cfg

Thanks, Glen and Andrew.  Got it. Thanks. (and that was fast!)

One side note here.....
Lubuntu is definitely the best distro to set to a usb drive. I find Ubuntu (and Kubuntu) Netbook Remix to be not suitable for usb installation as the transfer speed from usb is far too slow to be any.....er, fun. Puppy and dsl linux is too skeletal to be of any...... er, use. (try installing flash; fonts horrible). I used to carry dsl thumbs for my extensive travels some time back. (lab tops were too heavy then). Tried Lubuntu install to usb just to test. I am impressed. The choice of applications is good, with slypheed now with newsgroup capability. Kudos to the Lubuntu team. Great job.

Any possibility to 'port' the mailing list to gmane newsgroup? Would be very handy.

Andrew, I will reply to your post separately about modifying grub.cfg.
Thanks for your input.

Regards and Thanks _ Goh Lip