Re: Lubuntu Lucid Beta 3 "Multi-Language"

Steve wrote:
On Sat, 24 Apr 2010 16:59:50 +0100, Julien Lavergne <gilir@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

The Lubuntu Lucid Beta 3 is now available. We are now close to the final
release, this beta should be the last one before final release.

The status of this final release is not determined yet ("beta stable",
"rc final" ...), that's why its a beta and not a rc like other *buntu.
However, final release is still planned for the end of this month, or in
very early May.

== New stuff since Beta 2 ==
* Many translations directly included.
* Lubuntu-desktop PPA added by default on installation.
* Up-to-date libfm and pcmanfm2.

== Specific Lubuntu changes ==
Lubuntu still contains modifications not available in the official
repository, you can see them in the Lubuntu PPA [1] :
- New pcmanfm2 and libfm (LP: #523433)
- lubuntu-default-settings with pcmanfm2 support
- Fix for blurry shutdown-icon from elementary-icons (LP: #527345)
- Autologin support in ubiquity (LP: #546445)

== Testing needed ==
I'll appreciate some feedbacks about the followings recent additions :
- pcmanfm2, the new filemanager, is still in beta state. Please report
bugs on
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam/pcmanfm2Testing

== Known bugs ==
* If you test on a USB, the first screen will freeze for a moment when
you click on "Try Lubuntu ...". Just wait, it will continue as normal.
* Start menu of the Live-CD is not correctly translated.
* Updates available are not shown, you need to manually update your
system.
* See also https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam

== Reporting bugs ==
Bug reported during testing :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam

If you want to create a bootable usb system, please use the usb creator
directly on Ubuntu.

Please follow the testing process described on this page :
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/SubTeams/TestingSubTeam . You can also
report problems and bugs relative to the tests on this page.

Torrent: http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-lucid-beta3.iso.torrent
Download: http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/lubuntu-lucid-beta3.iso
Md5: http://people.ubuntu.com/~gilir/md5sum.txt

[1] :  https://launchpad.net/~lubuntu-desktop/+archive/ppa

I get the following error when I try to get the torrent file,
You don't have permission to access /~gilir/lubuntu-lucid-beta3.iso.torrent on this server.

Ditto, I get the 403 error. Download via http is OK. Cheers, David