Re: Quicktime not working

Am Sonntag, 25. April 2010 22:19:46 schrieb Steve:
> Hosoka and myself have been trying to get Quicktime to work with no
> success.  It works on Chromium with Ubuntu but not on Lubuntu.  We have
> w32codecs installed along with restricted extras and the Chromium extra
> package. Anybody any ideas?

Apple has changed the Quicktime sites (especially the trailers) to only accept
clients which are sending the right quicktime id (version string). I wrote a
little shell script to fix the quicktime support for zevenos a few weeks ago.
Its simply a call for mplayer + the right version string. So if you want to
play a quicktime trailer go to the trailers site, copy the link to the mov or
mp4 file, open up a terminal type in sh /path/to/script/quicktime and paste in
the url (sometimes you need to shorten out the width and heigths added after
the mov video url) . It works very well, also with the quicktime keynote
streams. (udp over http is enabled for them to work)
Ubuntu uses gstreamer and the totem plugin to make it work. Obviously they
included a patch for this. The mplayerplugin needs to be patched to make it
work again inside the browser. So not really a fix for now, just a work
around.