Re: main ubuntu forum

I will go for 1 that mean +1
The reason is, its easy to find. Yeah just like you said instead hidden away in a small corner in the dark.

On 4/28/2010 4:55 AM, Phill Whiteside wrote:
Hi,

as promised I've had a chat with a very nice man regarding Lubuntu and the main ubuntu support forum. I see that we have two options available:

1) A Lubuntu 'tag' much the same as the xubuntu / kubuntu etc. tags work
2) A separate sub-forum.

#1 is the easier one to achieve as #2 has the problems of the mods then having to herd stuff from the general area onto the lubuntu area. If you feel that #1 is un-satisfactory you may ask the Forum Council to discuss it at the next meeting but "I do not think we have a separate xubuntu or kubuntu section, so good luck with that =)"
was the reply.

I hope I have not exceeded what I said I would do in 'asking around' but, for the lubuntu tag I got "I will ask the rest of the staff re: lubuntu tag, should be easy (I hope)"

Personally, I'd prefer the lubuntu tag rather than us being hidden away in some dark corner of the forum, it will encourage people to read about lubuntu & hopefully try it out. As always, your views on the two options are needed.