Promoting lubuntu 10.04

Dear all,

exciting times! As Julien has released the final version for lubuntu
lucid, it is time to promote the release. We are having a lot of hits
on lubuntu.net and blogs are pushing the news.

We also need to get the message about lubuntu out in the mainstream. I
formulated a press release which you can find on
http://lubuntu.net/news/ [1] and in the wiki.

If you would like to help, please correct errors (as I am not an
English native speaker) and help translating the release into your
language in the wiki [2]. There are also some images for promotion
available from Rafael Laguna in the Artwork section here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Artwork/ . If you have any contacts to
journalists, please send the release to them. It would be good to have
journalists signing up the newly installed newsletter on lubuntu.net
as well.

Finally, there are a lot of forums that exist already. Please join
your local Ubuntu forum and support people who install lubuntu the
first time. In the http://ubuntuforums.org lubuntu related entries can
be tagged "lubuntu".

As this release is marked as a "final beta" be aware that this is an
excellent release, but also be aware that development is ongoing and
as more people start using lubuntu some bugs might appear. So, we need
more developers who can join development actively.

All the best from Vietnam,

Mario

[1] http://lubuntu.net/news/faster-lightweight-and-energy-saving-desktop-lubuntu-1004-stable-beta-released
[2] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Marketing/Press%20Releases