Re: Congratulations

May I also thank everyone who has made lubuntu possible. I know that I am
frequently more a hinderance than a help, just think of me as the voice of a
'n00b' :-)

My first try with lubuntu was at the start of February, whilst I know a lot
of work had been done prior to that, the work you have all put in since the
first meeting I attended on the 20th Feb has been astounding.

People have been crying out for something like 'Lubuntu', now they have it.
I'm glad the press release does mention things like server environments, it
will go to negate any thought that lubuntu is only for old computers. Quite
the opposite, it brings these older computers bang up to date, it is a
massive credit to you all that you have managed this  yet keep the tight
contraints of RAM and CPU usage.

To everyone that has taken part, either from the very start or joined
later... Thanks, you've made one heck of a release.

Here's to adoption as a Meerkat :-)

Thanks,

Phill.