Re: Compiz activation

On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 07:19:25 +0200
Zsolt Peter Basak <shiki.biomernok@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I heard someone do this but seriously, I do not think its possible.
> LXDE uses Openbox. That is a window manager. Compiz is also a window
> manager, so the two replaces each other.
>
> One shot you can try is the 0.9 Compiz++ branch. (Or wait until it
> comes out). That'll support stand-alone window managing, so it'll work
> I guess with lxde.

Only one window manager may run per X display, yes. Compiz++ 0.9 is no
exception. And yes, you can run Compiz in Lubuntu by replacing Openbox
with it, using something like "compiz --replace", or even "compiz"
alone, since compiz defaults to --replace behaviour in Ubuntu.

To revert back, you can probably run "openbox --replace", or otherwise
killall compiz, then run "openbox".

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin