Re: Alpha 1 PAE Kernel

hi Steve,

as of 10.04

"Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)
Both the CD and DVD installer of Ubuntu 10.04 automatically installs the PAE
enabled kernel if it detects more than 3 Gb of available memory. In the case
of the liveCD, a working network connection is required, since the PAE
enabled kernel packages are not present on the CD."

I've just asked on #ubuntu+1

(22:50:28) phillw: hi folks, with 10.10 is the pae kernel for 32 bit going
to be the default?
(23:00:33) xxxxxx: phillw: It is already.
(23:01:25) xxxxxx: phillw: provided you have 3GB+ of available memory, and a
internet connection to download it automatically.

I'm a bit busy at the moment, but I will test this out on my 1Gb laptop,
hopefully others will be able to respond before I get it installed.

Oh, and from having had a hunt around, it also seems that dropping i586
support is causing some ripples

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/eglibc/+bug/587186