Re: Some suggestions

Slightly off-topic:

>>    3. Gnome office is a light office suite but very poor, Open Office is
>>    heavier but is a real working tool.
> I do 95% of my 'office' work with Abiword, Gnumerics, Osmo and xpad.  Only rarely  do I require OOo, and usually that is to import some Excel spreadsheet.were somebody has used some dubious technique to achieve something that can be done in a simpler way.

That reminds me: I had problems switching between openoffice and
gnumeric. One of them couldn't import the format of the other.
Furthermore, there were big problems with the date format (DD/MM/YY
and MM/DD/YY). Some kind of conflict between the system locale
settings and the app settings.
I'll have to analyze things a bit and make a bug report eventually.

On-topic:
I use both Chromium and Firefox. (Firefox+noscript+private mode for
banking for instance)
My main problem is that weave/sync and xmarks are unusable on my old
laptop. They just completely hang everything when syncing.
Firefox also tends to slow down the system sometimes.
For browsers, seamonkey (default in Puppy Linux) could also be a good
default choice.
Other candidates might be midori, arora, epiphany.

As for office stuff, I prefer OpenOffice, even if it takes more time
to start. Especially after all the problems I had with portability of
the gnumeric format and date formats.
However, the goal of Lubuntu is to be lightweight, so it makes sense
not to include it.