Re: Some suggestions

On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 14:23:58 -0400
Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset <jpxsat@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use OOo a lot, since it's the only that can import "correctly" ms files
> and here (Chile) everybody use windows and ms office, so for me it's the
> only way to do what i need. This said, gnome office don't have something to
> view or edit ppts.
> Besides there are a lot of things that with abiword i just can't do.

I suppose it depends on what you’re doing and what sort of 'mess' people make of thier MSWord documents.

> About chromium and firefox, i've installed firefox and works very nice. My
> video card is an Ati integrated of 8mb.
>
> Thanks for the tip to be able to contribute. The cromium app is a goo idea,
> don't you think?

The problem with any distribution is going to be what apps are chosen as default, as you’ll never please everybody. But, you can at least choose something different if you don’t like what’s on offer and it is relatively easy to install and remove apps.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net