Re: NetworkManager bug in Lubuntu?

Yorvyk,

for me the problem reproduces on all three Lubuntu installations I
have at hand: an old P4-based desktop system and two notebooks,
ThinkPad X61 and Lenovo G450.

As Julien noticed, this is a known misbehavior of NetworkManager,
documented on the Debian wiki (http://wiki.debian.org/NetworkManager,
under "Wired Networks are Unmanaged"). There's also a bug in Debian
tracker, http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=530024.

Were those many installs of yours done via Lubuntu CD, or via minimal
installation (https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/DocumentationHelp/MinimalInstall)?
If the problem occurs only when doing minimal install, we have to
update the instructions.

Regards!
Mikhail