Re: Trash Can

Am 08.08.2010 14:48, schrieb Phillip Whiteside:
> Hi,
> a request from the forum
>
> Not to be able to put the trashcan on the desktop.When I open file manager
>
>> its there but there's no option to add a launcher to the desktop/panel when
>> I right click on it.Tried doing it with Ubuntu Tweak but no option for
>> putting the can on the desktop.Nothing major but still an inconvenience.
>>

> Is this possible?

Just open up leafpad and put the following in:

[Desktop Entry]
Type=Application
Version=1.0
Name=Trash
Name[de]=Mülleimer
Exec=pcmanfm trash:///
Icon=emptytrash
Terminal=false
OnlyShowIn=GNOME;XFCE;

Save it as trash.desktop on the Desktop. The Desktop should then show a
Trash icon.
Right clicking and "emptying trash" does not work though.