~/.config/autostart not working correctly

Hi,

I was trying to get spideroak and dropbox to run at startup.
Placing their .desktop files into ~/.config/autostart didn't seem to
work however.
I had to put them into /etc/xdg/autostart/ .

My ~/.config is a symlink to ~/Private/.config where ~/Private is the
encrypted directory created by ecryptfs-setup-private.
I don't know if this could be the cause of the problem, but it seems
to work well with everything else. I only had issues with the
~/.mozilla dir.

Is the user autostart dir configured somewhere?

Follow ups