Re: plymouth

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010 23:03:54 +0100
Andrew Woodhead <andrew.woodhead666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I use this:
> http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/lucidubuntu-10-04-high-resolution-plymouth-virtual-terminal-for-atinvidia-cards-with-proprietaryrestricted-driver/
> <http://idyllictux.wordpress.com/2010/04/26/lucidubuntu-10-04-high-resolution-plymouth-virtual-terminal-for-atinvidia-cards-with-proprietaryrestricted-driver/>
>
> On Fri, Oct 1, 2010 at 10:54 PM, Yorvyk <yorvik.ubunto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 22:34:46 +0200
> > Rafael Laguna <rafaellaguna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > > I've noticed the same problem on Ubuntu and others (Xubuntu and Studio
> > > tested). The only way to solve this and activate X during startup is
> > > adding these lines:
> > >
> > > GRUB_GFXMODE=1280x1024
> > > GRUB_GFXPAYLOAD_LINUX=1280x1024
> > > GRUB_VIDEO_BACKEND=vbe
> > >
> > > to the file /etc/default/grub (of course, you can select your own
> > > resolution). This error was corrected in Lucid and now it fails again in
> > > Maverick Release Candidate.
> > >
> > Is this related to a particular video driver.  Because I haven’t had any
> > problems with X starting.

Ah, a problem with proprietary drivers.  To be honest, I don’t really care for all this boot screen nonsense.  It just seems to be creating more problems where there shouldn’t be any.  In fact the boot should be so fast you don’t have time for a boot screen.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net