Re: marketing

On Fri, 08 Oct 2010 00:12:42 +0200
Rafael Laguna <rafaellaguna@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well, there's a site that sells everything, about Linux. And our dear
> Lubuntu is sold tthere for £3.99 (UK pounds). They just burn the ISO and
> put inti a paper case with the logo, distro name and other few
> characteristics. Have a look.
>
> Maybe I don't really understand what you mean, but anyway I think we
> cannot sell it, and we must no do it, we're under GPL license. That's
> why we serve it free (both the ISO and the wallet).

It won’t be available from the Canonical shop, if that’s what you mean, as it’s not an official variant.
There is no problem selling GPL software at all.  Which reminds me, how is the artwork licensed.  There isn’t any mention of a license on the wiki page, that is related to the artwork.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net