Re: Lubuntu 10.10 RMX

I agree that (most) everyone likes eye candy.  Lubuntu it should be as
light, fast and good looking as possible.  *But more importantly they OS
should plain work.*  There are a few items that don't work right now and I
think those things should be address.

I recently tried Lubuntu, Peppermint Ice and Peppermint One.  I found that
Peppermint is a little further ahead of Lubuntu. The installer works on a
USB stick, you can actually open your downloads from Chrome and seems
slightly more polished.   I don't think I had to apply one workaround on
either of my Peppermint installs.  Peppermint also boots a little faster
which is nice when you have a lightweight laptop.  Lubuntu isn't too bad in
that area, but not quit as fast.  Where Lubuntu is killing both Peppermint
installs and my tweaked UNR 9.10 in the area of power consumption!  I've
never been able to get more than ~4.5 hours of battery life from the 6 hour
battery in my Acer AS1410.  With Lubuntu I'm seeing 6+ hours!  That's why
I'm using it and that's why I will stick with it.

Tim