Re: Applications by default: Replace xarchiver by file-roller

On Sun, 21 Nov 2010 03:43:00 -0800 (PST)
Stevo Vukovic <stevovukovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> -1
> Recently,  file-roller has an bug (repeated regression) when extracting
> multi-part  rar from network share (samba, sftp...). Better stick with xarchiver
> for some time.
>

> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/+bug/639883
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/file-roller/+bug/386795

At first I thought this problem wasn’t worth worrying about until I realised it’s what I normally do.  I download files to my server then extract them to the machine I intend to use them on.  Hopefully the regression will revert during Natty’s development

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net