Re: Lubuntu v. LXDE

First, I'm not asking to be antagonistic, just out of ignorance on the subject.

So there's no other integration behind the scenes (daemons, etc.);
it's just a selection of apps and a desktop background?

Doesn't vanilla openbox have the right-click menu? I thought the start
menu was an lxde-specific change, and there would be some way to get
it back since lxde uses openbox.

On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Andrew Woodhead
<andrew.woodhead666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> LXDE is ONLY the desktop environment with a VERY small group of apps.
> LUbuntu is an OS with LXDE as well as some select apps chosen by the users,
> for the users.
> You can install fluxbox and selct it as your WM instead of openbox, this
> will ive you the right click menu you desire.
>
> On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Todd Schulman <schulmaandu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> 1. Can someone explain simply what distinguishes Lubuntu from vanilla
>> LXDE, and the following packages: lubuntu-desktop from lxde (metapackage)
>> and lubuntu-core from lxde-core?
>>
>> 2. Can it be configured to use right-click menus like fluxbox instead of a
>> start menu?

----------------------------
Todd A. Schulman
Attorney at Law

Wills, Estates and Trusts
1 Irving Place #G.10.G
New York, NY 10003-9704
212-982-8456 phone
646-678-1551 mobile
http://www.tnsj-law.com/profiles/tschulman/
todd.schulman.esq@xxxxxxxxx

IMPORTANT: This message is intended only for the use of the addressee
and may contain information that is privileged and confidential. If
the reader of this email is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any dissemination or copying of this email is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this email in error, please notify me
immediately by telephone.
IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLAIMER: This communication is not intended to be
used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties
imposed under the United States Internal Revenue Code or (ii)
promoting, marketing or recommending to another person any tax-related
matter. Taxpayers should solicit the advice of their professional tax
advisor based on their particular circumstances.