Re: 3G Modems + Happy New Year

2010/12/31 Phill Whiteside <phillw@xxxxxxxxxx>

> Hiyas Jean-Pierre,
>
> A very happy New Year to you and the team also. There is a kernel issue
> with certain 3G devices (I know, mine is one of them). Have you tried out
> the two possible work rounds at
> http://forum.phillw.net/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=92 ? They work for some, alas
> not for me :(
>
> Regards,
>
> Phill.
>
> On 31 December 2010 12:59, Jean-Pierre Vidal Piesset <jpxsat@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
>> Hi people!
>>
>> Tomorrow will be another year, so i wanted to say to all of you "Happy
>> New Year" :) and take the opportunity to say a BIG thank you to the
>> Lubuntu team... you're making a big distro... the best from where i'm
>> standing ;)
>> Also, wanted to ask if someone has any information about the progress
>> of 3G Modems in Lubuntu (or Ubuntu in general) - i must use W****** to
>> connect!!
>>
>> Enjoy tonight!!
>>
>> --
>> jpxsat
>> Ubuntu user #29.157 (Lubuntu 10.04)
>>  Linux user #522.597
>>

> --
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

Phill & Team:

I have bad & good news: my old Huawei E226 works flawlessly on Ubuntu 10.04
since 3 months (the machine must start with the device plugged, but still -
that's the good news). On Lubuntu 10.04 it used to work with the workaround
from Phill, but it was very unstable and it needed modemmanager to be able
to connect after many tries; actually it doesn't work at all.
Phill, you can always try to get to work your device on Ubuntu the way i did
and tell how it worked for you ;) (at least on the two machines i own with
Ubuntu it works)
Does anybody know if there is a way to run a script or something to know why
in Ubuntu it works and on Lubuntu it doesn't?? Acting like this it appears
that something from Lubuntu itself is wrong or there's some package missing!