Re: A replacement

Hi Phill,

Le lundi 03 janvier 2011 à 05:53 +0000, Phill Whiteside a écrit :
> I have a potential padawan to replace the one that vanished who would
> like to learn about iso building / backporting etc. In return he will
> assist the lubuntu team, it is still early days but he is favourable
> towards lubuntu as his posting at
> http://jeffhoogland.blogspot.com/2010/05/lubuntu-1004-distro-review.html shows. Whilst he is after his own flavour of ubuntu I think he would worth while taking on. I'd like to permanently kidnap him, but he really wants to learn about making a distro and has done a decent job of the one he has. The reason he contacted me was for for how to do a minimal install iso, I then proceeded to kidnap him.... well you need some one else who can take some of the work load off of you. He has assured me that he will not desert Lubuntu, in fact, I think it may be possible to convince him to drop his project and become fully committed to lubuntu.

Well, I don't have really the time to teach people on how to build iso.
I think also that people that will learn this knowledge will want to
create their own distro, sooner or later. You probably noticed than we
run out of devs recently on LXDE side, so devs time is precious :) I
would like to teach backporting, which could be useful for everyone. But
I still can't find the time to organise it, so iso bulding is currently
out of the scope.