LXDE Clock Settings

This is my first post on your mailing list and I have been enjoying the hard
work you guys put into the Lubuntu distro. I am by far no linux expert, but
I love how lightweight Lubuntu is and how useful it can be to bring old PC's
back to a realm of usefulness.

However, I did have a suggestions regarding the LXDE Clock settings. On a
default install %R is what the clock is set at, many PC users are more used
to the standard time that is used in Windows, on phones, watches and other
devices. Currently military time is the standard. I would like to propose a
change to how time is displayed on the taskbar. I think %l:%M %p is another
format that more people are used to. Which looks like (7:37 PM ) when it is
displayed. To find out how to do this I had to look it up, which is fine
because I am a bit more technical. Another idea if changing the time perhaps
a dropdown box could be used here to allow users to change the style of the
time display. It would be much more intuitive for new users, I consider this
another of the small "papercuts" that this Ubuntu derivative has.

Thanks for your time, I really do appreciate the effort you guys put in and
will try to chime in from time to time if I have any thoughts on discussions
in the mailing list.

Thanks,

Tyler

Follow ups