Lost networking and bash history alpha 3

Just switched on a machine I was using yesterday to test a few things and found it had no networking or bash history, both of which worked yesterday.  I have tried a couple of other installations on other machines and the only other one to display this behaviour is also a clean Alpha 3 install.  The others are upgrades from Maverick or Alpha 1.  All Lubuntu Natty installations were updated yesterday.  I can't find any mention of this in Launchpad, so is it some thing I've done or have I update at the wrong time.

--
Steve Cook (Yorvyk)

http://lubuntu.net