IRC Client

Hiyas,

todays lesson is to how to start a flame war....

Whilst tidying up the 'new area' for docs I noticed a missing link. That was
the easy bit...

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Lubuntu/Applications

If we are going to keep pidgin for IM, what do we need xchat for?

I ceased using xchat and reverted back to pidgin in 9.10 when x-chat had
that memory leak. It has been fixed, but pidgin does give a decent level of
IRC (I use it) along with the ability to do all the other IM protocols. It
also has 'plugin' package. Whilst not the 'best' IRC client, it does a
decent job of it and also provides access to all the IM stuff that people
seem to love these days Do we really want to waste RAM with two programmes?

/me retires to a safe distance.

@ Julien, I've pointed the list of applications from the community doc area
back to the dev area, as that page seems best placed there.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/phillw

Follow ups