Re: Missing configuration programs

Hi there! I suggest to do some "changes" to Lubuntu, just adding some
shortcuts to Openbox and installing a couple of apps. I've taken these
instructions from the great Urukrama's Openbox web.

1. First of all we need to install amixer. Then we can set up / down /
mute volume level with the following commands:

    up:      amixer -q set Master 1+ unmute
    down:    amixer -q set Master 1- unmute
    mute:    amixer -q set Master toggle

2. As there's no on-screen indicator, we need to load OSDsh at startup
(/etc/xdg/lxsession/Lubuntu/autostart):

    osdsh &
    (sleep 1 && osdctl -m 1) &

This app is themeable (I could do a matching theme for it). I had an
issue because OSDsh tries to access /dev/mixer that doesn't exist in
Natty based distros, and I don't know how to configure for the new dev
place. Dependencies of each package:

osdsh needs libapm1 & libxosd2 (83 kb total size)
amixer is in package alsa-utils (1121 kb size, already included)

--
Go to rafaellaguna.com

Go to Lubuntu.net