Re: Pidgin XChat

Agree with you. People all have their own favorite applications.
For me I installed Google Chrome and removed chromium.
I use emesene for MSN and Skype for VoIP. I use Pidgin for IRC only.
I use geany for text editor and I'm not using Leafpad at all.
After installing Lubuntu, the first thing I do is removing Abiword and
installing LibreOffice.
But we are talking about "default applications".
If you like something, just apt-get it, and there is no need to make
it installed by default.
The default for a distro should be sensible and less confusing for
general users.
If we like, there can be a meta-package named
"lubuntu-power-user-desktop", then you can even have eclipse as
default editor + gimp as default image program if you want. lol