Re: Ubuntu Developer Week - Preparation

On 07/08/2011 04:37 PM, Phill Whiteside wrote:

> As of yet, i have had no input to the presentation. I do need
> thoughts in by about Wednesday.

OK, lets do an outline for people to improve on.  Try something like:

Title: Lubuntu: Getting Started with a new lightweight Ubuntu Flavour

 1. What is Lubuntu? (two sentence definition)
 2. Why do we need abother *ubuntu flavour? (reason for our existence)
 3. Who is it useful to? (intended audience)
 4. How to get started (where to download, where to get help)
 5. What do do when you have issues with it (where/how to report bugs)
 6. Minimal hardware needed:
    6.1 for GUI install
    6.2 for manual install on very low RAM machines
 7. Current known issues (point to FAQ)
 8. What changes will Lubuntu Oneiric bring?
 9. How you can help (testing/developing/translating/etc.)
10. Any questions?

That should fill a UDW slot, I'd think?  It's not super
"developer-focused", but that is probably OK?  Depends on who the
intended audience is, which I am not totally clear about.

Comments and improvements welcome.

BTW we should check what we officially are... a Ubuntu "variant", or
"flavour" or ... whatever it is... and then use that term consistently.

I'd tend to skip the history -- users and potential developers are
likely to care more about what Lubuntu can do for them *now* and what it
*will* do in the future, than about the past.

Jonathan