Notification Daemon

Hi,

The notification daemon was telling me I was connected and telling me a
file downloaded. Really annoying and I uninstalled it. This is why I
want to use Lubuntu - so I can get away from unnecessary fluff that
disturbs my work flow. But I noticed that the Gnome power manager
depends on the notifications. I do want to know if my battery runs low
though.

I suggest a unique Lubuntu GUI that can give the user control over these
notifications.

I don't want things to be so dumbed-down that I need a popup to tell me
I'm connected or a file downloaded...

Thanks,

Lee G.

                          wherever you are