Re: packagekit

Le Thursday 21 July 2011 à 21:20 +0200, 神癒礁湖 (Rafael Laguna) a
écrit :
> Just a suggestion from a reader: includew PackageKit in Lubuntu. It's
> lighter and faster than Software Center, and has a great GTK
> interface. I'¡m testing right now and works very fine.
>
> What do you think?

You mean gnome-packagekit ? Because packagekit is just the daemon (not
the GUI).

IMO, if we want a nice GUI for software management, we should write a
lightweight front-end to software center, so we just have to deal with
the front-end, not the backend. Switching to packagekit, we need to deal
with both.