Re: Light-Weight software center

A key question is, what makes your project lighter than software center?
What's the bottle neck of software center? What makes it so heavy?
Practically what will you do to make yours light?
Usually just rewriting a program with less features won't make it
significantly lighter or faster unless you overcome the problem of the
original software. Otherwise it is not worth the effort and maintaince
cost.