Re: Can be lubuntu software center good thing?

I'd suggest that you do some investigate to see what's the cause of
performance problems of software center first, and to see if avoiding
them is possible. If it's not possible to avoid the performance
problems, then go for a simplified synaptic.
This could save you quite a lot of time for try and error later.